The Legacy I-3 Program, a workforce development provider offering Apple Valley High School students to take advantage of future careers at Thomson Reuters and other local companies. Starting in Fall 2018, students interested in this opportunity can engage with Legacy I3 through an after school club each Wednesday at AVHS from 2:30 – 4:15 pm. Around 20 selected students from this fall club program will continue on in the Spring 2019 to develop their cognitive, social, emotional and employability skills to industry standards in a more intensive training program. Upon high school graduation, students will be certified to work within the aforementioned department(s) at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) and, where applicable, take advantage of immediate opportunities including paid summer internships.
Key Program Information and Timeline
Find out more on Tuesday, September 18 from 9 – 9:30 am in the AVHS Theater. Sign up here: https://goo.gl/X6NKFi. Paper form: Legacy I3 Introductory Informational Session Registration Form pdf.
- WHO: For AVHS juniors going into senior year. Provided by Legacy I-3 in collaboration with Thomson Reuters, Xcell Energy
- WHAT: Career exploration and preparation program designed to help AVHS seniors prepare for paid summer internships in Finance, Informational Technology, Accounting, & Marketing after their senior year.
- Fall 2018: Recruitment meetings in AVHS Theater September 18 from 9 – 9;30 am. Legacy I3 Career Club Wednesdays from 2:30 – 4:15 pm. until winter break for up to 60 AVHS juniors & seniors.
- Spring 2019: Career training for around 20 selected AVHS students.
- Summer 2019: Paid summer internship for seniors who successfully complete career training program.
- WHERE: Mostly at AVHS with occasional events at Thomson Reuters and other sites as needed.
- WHY: Gain invaluable career & life skills. Earn money for college through a paid summer internship.
- HOW: Workshops, events, tours, job shadows, and internships.
Graphic Overview of Legacy I3 Program sequence:
Legacy I-3 Program videos on YouTube: