The Legacy I-3 Core Development Program, a workforce development provider offering Apple Valley High School students to take advantage of future careers at Thomson Reuters and other local companies. The Legacy CORE Student Development Program provides high intensity training to students in the areas of Character, Logic and Reasoning, Academic Excellence, and Workforce /Career Readiness to help students succeed personally, academically, and professionally. The Legacy CORE program partners with companies such as EXCEL and Thomson Reuters in order to match talented students with future job opportunities. Training begins at AVHS in Room A101 on Feb. 19. Sessions will run from 2:30 – 4:15 pm each Monday and Wednesday from Feb. 19 to early May. View calendar of meetings HERE:
Each year the Legacy CORE Program needs our help in identifying 11th and 12th grade students from underrepresented groups to participate in the program. In addition to the training, Legacy CORE Program provides our seniors summer job opportunities this year and possibly tuition help for college.
Key Program Information and Timeline
- WHO: For AVHS juniors going into senior year. Provided by Legacy I-3 in collaboration with Thomson Reuters, Xcell Energy
- WHAT: Career exploration and preparation program designed to help AVHS seniors prepare for paid summer internships in Finance, Informational Technology, Accounting, & Marketing after their senior year.
- Fall 2018: Career Club meetings every Wednesday starting October 22 through January. Rooms A101, A110, A111. 2:30 – 4:15 pm.
- Spring 2019: Career training for around 20 selected AVHS students.
- Summer 2019: Paid summer internship for seniors who successfully complete career training program.
- WHERE: Mostly at AVHS with occasional events at Thomson Reuters and other sites as needed.
- WHY: Gain invaluable career & life skills. Earn money for college through a paid summer internship.
- HOW: Workshops, events, tours, job shadows, and internships.
Graphic Overview of Legacy I3 Program sequence:
Legacy I-3 Program videos on YouTube: