The Legacy I-3 Program, a workforce development provider for Xcel Energy, Minneapolis Airports Commission and several Manufactures in Anoka County, is preparing to train High School seniors at Apple Valley High School to take advantage of future careers at Thomson Reuters in Eagan, MN. Starting in Fall 2018, students interested in this opportunity will begin a 200-hour training program, spanning the duration of their senior year. From Fall 2018 through Spring 2019, participating students will develop their cognitive, social, emotional and employability skills to industry standards. The training will consist of utilizing a multitude of resources, including tools from Skills USA. Throughout Fall 2018, participating students will engage with Thomson Reuters’ staff who’ll serve as ambassadors to Apple Valley seniors by providing mentorships, tours, workshops, and job shadowing opportunities. In Spring 2019, participating students will receive industry specific training to meet the needs of Thomson Reuters’ career opportunities. Upon high school graduation, students will be certified to work within the aforementioned department(s) at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) and, where applicable, take advantage of immediate opportunities.
The Legacy I-3 Program and Thomson Reuters will be preparing local High School seniors interested in careers in Finance, Informational Technology, Accounting, & Marketing starting in Fall 2018 at their local high school campus. We will kick off this program with 3 fun & engaging summer events:
- 6/21/18 – Sports & Gaming with Industry Professionals
- 7/12/18 – Thomson Reuters Campus Visit
- 8/9/18 – Tackling Senior Year
Key Program Information and Timeline
Find out more on Friday, May 25 during your lunch period in one of the new community rooms near the Student Services offices. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/2Kkr0pr. Representatives from Legacy I-3 will also be at AVHS visiting select junior classes to share more about this opportunity on Thursday, May 24.
- WHO: For AVHS juniors going into senior year. Provided by Legacy I-3 in collaboration with Thomson Reuters.
- WHAT: Career exploration and preparation program designed to help AVHS seniors prepare for paid summer internships in Finance, Informational Technology, Accounting, & Marketing after their senior year.
- Spring 2018: Recruitment meetings in classrooms May 24. Informational lunch meeting May 25 during your lunch period in one of the new community rooms near the Student Services offices.
- Summer 2018: 3 fun summer events on 6/21, 7/12, 8/9.
- 2018/2019 School Year: AVHS seniors will work with Legacy I-3 staff for over 200 hours during their senior year at after-school and Saturday sessions.
- Summer 2019: Paid summer internship for seniors who successfully complete program.
- WHERE: Mostly at AVHS with occasional events at Thomson Reuters and other sites as needed.
- WHY: Gain invaluable career & life skills. Earn money for college through a paid summer internship.
- HOW: Workshops, events, tours, job shadows, and internships.
Legacy I-3 Program videos on YouTube: