Apply now HERE That’s G-E-N-E-S-Y-S Works.org!
- Feb. 14, Period 3, AVHS Theater – Informational meeting for interested juniors. Sign up here to attend.
- Feb. 21, Period 4, AVHS Multimedia Makerspace – Genesys Works Application Session. Sign up here to attend.
- March 12, Period 6, AVHS Theater – Interview Prep Session.
- Interview Session with Genesys Works staff – April 5 at Rosemount High School starting at 3:30 pm. There will be a bus departing from the bus circle at AVHS at 2:40 pm for students who would like a ride. Sign up to ride the bus HERE.
Dakota County Burnhaven Library in Burnsville Internship. Dakota County Library is partnering with Dakota County Workforce Services to offer a paid, 90-day internship to youth ages 15-17, especially low income, who have little or no prior work experience. This is part of a pilot project. The internship is hosted by the Burnhaven Library in Burnsville.
Attached is the internship Job Description and Application. The closing date for this internship is March 6, 2018. Applications can be delivered or mailed to the Burnhaven Library located at 1101 W. County Rd 42, Burnsville MN 55306 (Attn: Naomi Golv). They may be scanned to email@example.com. Following the closing date, chosen applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview process. Please note that due to the position’s physical requirements, candidates who are offered a position will be required to pass a physical exam prior to starting. Please pass this information along as you see fit.
The goals of the project are to:
- Develop collaboration between Library and Workforce Services to expose youth to the library as an employer and as a community resource.
- Build soft skills needed for future employment through hands-on work experience.
- Establish employment history and professional contacts for youth seeking future employment/mentoring experiences.
- Develop job-seeking skills and an understanding of the employment process.
Interns will receive training to accurately sort, shelve and maintain library materials so that materials may be retrieved by customers and staff. In addition, interns will assist in the preparation of library materials for use. Upon completion of the internship, participants will receive a certificate of achievement and letter of recommendation to use for future employment opportunities.
For more information or questions please contact Naomi Golv at 952-891-0306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVHS Peer Tutors Needed!! (1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th hour). The English as a Second Language Program needs peer tutors during the winter trimester.
Come help a fellow AVHS student with:
- Basic English: speaking and reading
- Homework assignments- especially math
- Writing assignments
You can earn an elective credit or community service hours.
See Ms. Sagstuen, Ms. Cavalli or Mr. Schegolkov in Room 215 or your counselor TODAY to set up an interview!
Leidos STEM Software Engineering Intern. Leidos is accepting applications for an internship position for a 2018 high school graduate. To apply, go to the Leidos website.
- Performs assignments in technical/engineering organizations. Seeking applicant with Computer Science/Software Engineering background and interest. Design, develop, document, test and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with UNIX, ANSI C/C++ (including POSIX), networking, multithreaded programming and Linux/GNU or equivalent development and debugging environment beneficial.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualifications: 2018 High School Graduate – Acceptance letter from college for fall 2018 – Passing grade in AP Java or AP Computer Science class – Participant in District 196 E3 STEM Program -Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field -Familiarity with the following: Linux/UNIX C/C++ Java Scripting languages (PERL, C#) – Interpersonal Skills – Excellent written/verbal skills.
Internship at Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville (housekeeping). Augustana is looking for a couple of students who can work Saturday mornings for a 4-hour shift (8-12, or 9-1, or 10-2) to clean the common areas at Augustana. It could be a shared position where each student works every-other Saturday. This would be a great way for any students that are looking to take the CNA course next summer to come in and see the building and connect with residents prior to taking the CNA course and begin to build a relationship with the residents.
If you have any questions or to apply for the position, please contact Vicki M. Tobroxen, Executive Director of Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville, at email@example.com or 952-898-8721.
Internship at Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville (Assisted Living Dietary Server). Augustana Regent in Burnsville is seeking part-time Servers for our Dietary Department to work with our extraordinary senior living community that caters to the health needs of people 55 and over. We have 148 apartments that are located by the Burnsville Mall.
Available Shifts: Sunday-Wednesday or Thursday-Saturday, 4:00-7:00 pm
- Set up dining room, including linens, silverware, glass ware
- Collect completed menus from residents
- Deliver menus to the cook staff
- Pick up food from the cook staff and deliver to the residents
- Busing tables
- Clean dining area and sweep floors
- Experience preferred, but will train
- Must be able to learn the menu
- Good attendance record
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn
If you are interested in applying for this position, visit the Augustana employment site and search for “Assisted Living Dietary Server PT” or apply in person at 14500 Regent Lane, Burnsville, MN 55306.
Uponor Maintenance Tech School Intern. This position will assist maintenance to properly trouble shoot, repair, install, adjust, and perform routine maintenance on all the industrial, production, and facilities equipment. This position will work with higher skilled positions to develop skills and learn about the Uponor workplace. This position is a temporary position to allow tech school students to fulfill intern requirements. This is not a full time position.
Hours: Internship to be completed while student completes their 2-year Technical degree. Flexible schedule hours are available.
- Requires a high school diploma and must be enrolled in a two year Technical degree.
- Must have some Technical Skills required for this position.
- Must be self-starter.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply on Uponor’s Careers website.
Dakota Scott Workforce Centers: “Who’s Hiring Youth” Newsletter. The February edition of “Who’s Hiring Youth” focuses on career exploration and various assessment tools available. View the newsletter here.
NOW HIRING! – JOB BOARDS from the Dakota Scott Workforce Center:
www.minnesotaworks.net – Minnesota’s largest free online job bank. Post your resume and search for jobs by matching keywords in your resume to keywords in job postings. You may also search by occupation/keyword or by location.
www.snagajob.com – search thousands of hourly and part-time jobs by location/zip code.
www.careerrookie.com – look for internships, part-time and entry level careers.
Examples of Past E3 STEM Internships:
- AVHS Fab Lab table design/build project with Skyline Exhibits
- Eagle Up Fabrication. Creation and fabrication of AVHS spirit items.
- E3 STEM website project with Thomson Reuters
- ISD 196 iPad Rollout support
- ISD 196 Central Receiving interns
- AVHS Technology Support Staff interns
- MN Department of Transportation Phoenix Program – Civil Engineering intern
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical interns
- AVHS Lunchroom Table Design Interns.
- Computer coding interns – Thomson Reuters
- Digital Marketing Internship – Thomson Reuters
- Computer Programming intern – Lockheed Martin
- Engineering Internship – Uponor
E3 STEM was funded in part by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.