AVHS Peer Tutors Needed!! (1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th hour). The English as a Second Language Program needs peer tutors during the winter trimester.
Come help a fellow AVHS student with:
- Basic English: speaking and reading
- Homework assignments- especially math
- Writing assignments
You can earn an elective credit or community service hours.
See Ms. Sagstuen, Ms. Cavalli or Mr. Schegolkov in Room 215 or your counselor TODAY to set up an interview!
Leidos STEM Software Engineering Intern. Leidos is accepting applications for an internship position for a 2018 high school graduate. To apply, go to the Leidos website.
- Performs assignments in technical/engineering organizations. Seeking applicant with Computer Science/Software Engineering background and interest. Design, develop, document, test and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with UNIX, ANSI C/C++ (including POSIX), networking, multithreaded programming and Linux/GNU or equivalent development and debugging environment beneficial.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualifications: 2018 High School Graduate – Acceptance letter from college for fall 2018 – Passing grade in AP Java or AP Computer Science class – Participant in District 196 E3 STEM Program -Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field -Familiarity with the following: Linux/UNIX C/C++ Java Scripting languages (PERL, C#) – Interpersonal Skills – Excellent written/verbal skills.
Internship at Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville. Augustana is looking for a couple of students who can work Saturday mornings for a 4-hour shift (8-12, or 9-1, or 10-2) to clean the common areas at Augustana. It could be a shared position where each student works every-other Saturday. This would be a great way for any students that are looking to take the CNA course next summer to come in and see the building and connect with residents prior to taking the CNA course and begin to build a relationship with the residents.
If you have any questions or to apply for the position, please contact Vicki M. Tobroxen, Executive Director of Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville, at email@example.com or 952-898-8721.
Dakota Scott Workforce Centers: “Who’s Hiring Youth” Newsletter. The October edition of “Who’s Hiring Youth” focuses on career exploration and various assessment tools available. View the newsletter here.
NOW HIRING! – JOB BOARDS from the Dakota Scott Workforce Center:
www.minnesotaworks.net – Minnesota’s largest free online job bank. Post your resume and search for jobs by matching keywords in your resume to keywords in job postings. You may also search by occupation/keyword or by location.
www.snagajob.com – search thousands of hourly and part-time jobs by location/zip code.
www.careerrookie.com – look for internships, part-time and entry level careers.
Examples of Past E3 STEM Internships:
- AVHS Fab Lab table design/build project with Skyline Exhibits
- Eagle Up Fabrication. Creation and fabrication of AVHS spirit items.
- E3 STEM website project with Thomson Reuters
- ISD 196 iPad Rollout support
- ISD 196 Central Receiving interns
- AVHS Technology Support Staff interns
- MN Department of Transportation Phoenix Program – Civil Engineering intern
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical interns
- AVHS Lunchroom Table Design Interns.
- Computer coding interns – Thomson Reuters
- Digital Marketing Internship – Thomson Reuters
- Computer Programming intern – Lockheed Martin
- Engineering Internship – Uponor
E3 STEM was funded in part by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.