Genesys Works: Open to JUNIORS. Internships take place during senior year. Earn up to $13,000.00! You need to be on track to graduate and be able to shorten your school day during your senior year in order to participate in Genesys Works. Apply HERE (Closes March 1) Learn more HERE. View promotional video.
What is Genesys Works? Genesys Works is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities for students to work in meaningful, paid internships at major corporations and receive free college, scholarship, and financial aid assistance during their senior year of high school.
What are the benefits of participating? Genesys Works is can provide you with the chance to pursue opportunities!
- Gain real-world skills like public speaking, Microsoft Office, business technology, teamwork, and more – all while having fun! Summer training runs for 4 hours in either a morning or afternoon session from June 17 to August 9. Summer training is not paid.
- Earn a paid corporate internship where students will work for 12 months at one of the top companies in the Twin Cities like 3M, Medtronic, General Mills or Ameriprise Financial earning $13,000 your senior year!
- Make a plan for college because 100% of our students are accepted to college, and we guarantee all participants acceptance, too!
Co-op/Internships and Summer Research Opportunities
offered to High School Students.All opportunities listed are PAID, unless otherwise indicated. Very long list of opportunities HERE.
Teen Job Fair: Wentworth Library March 20
Teens, young adults and parents are encouraged to attend this job fair to meet with local employers and learn how to develop the skills needed to get their first job. Geared for adults and youth ages 14 and older. Learn More HERE
Dakota County Galaxy Library – Summer Job Application Workshop. April 11 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Get a jump on finding & Landing the best summer job. More information HERE
Dakota Scott Workforce Centers: “Who’s Hiring Youth” Newsletter. The May edition of “Who’s Hiring Youth” focuses on career exploration and various assessment tools available. View the newsletter here.
NOW HIRING! – JOB BOARDS from the Dakota Scott Workforce Center:
www.minnesotaworks.net – Minnesota’s largest free online job bank. Post your resume and search for jobs by matching keywords in your resume to keywords in job postings. You may also search by occupation/keyword or by location.
www.snagajob.com – search thousands of hourly and part-time jobs by location/zip code.
www.careerrookie.com – look for internships, part-time and entry level careers.
Examples of Past E3 STEM Internships:
- AVHS Fab Lab table design/build project with Skyline Exhibits
- Eagle Up Fabrication. Creation and fabrication of AVHS spirit items.
- E3 STEM website project with Thomson Reuters
- ISD 196 iPad Rollout support
- ISD 196 Central Receiving interns
- AVHS Technology Support Staff interns
- MN Department of Transportation Phoenix Program – Civil Engineering intern
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical interns
- AVHS Lunchroom Table Design Interns.
- Computer coding interns – Thomson Reuters
- Digital Marketing Internship – Thomson Reuters
- Computer Programming intern – Lockheed Martin
- Engineering Internship – Uponor