The Teen Library Shelving Assistant (Temporary) is a 90 day internship for youth ages 15-17 to gain hands on work experience and job skills essential for successful employment. Under the supervision of an Assistant Circulation Supervisor, Circulation Supervisor or Branch Manager, interns will develop the skills necessary to accurately sort, shelve and maintain library materials in the correct locations so that materials may be retrieved by patrons and staff. In addition, they are responsible for assisting in the preparation of library materials for use. View files below for more information.
Co-op/Internships and Summer Research Opportunities
offered to High School Students.All opportunities listed are PAID, unless otherwise indicated. Very long list of opportunities HERE.
Dakota Scott Workforce Centers: “Who’s Hiring Youth” Newsletter. The May edition of “Who’s Hiring Youth” focuses on career exploration and various assessment tools available. View the newsletter here.
NOW HIRING! – JOB BOARDS from the Dakota Scott Workforce Center:
www.minnesotaworks.net – Minnesota’s largest free online job bank. Post your resume and search for jobs by matching keywords in your resume to keywords in job postings. You may also search by occupation/keyword or by location.
www.snagajob.com – search thousands of hourly and part-time jobs by location/zip code.
www.careerrookie.com – look for internships, part-time and entry level careers.
Examples of Past E3 STEM Internships:
- AVHS Fab Lab table design/build project with Skyline Exhibits
- Eagle Up Fabrication. Creation and fabrication of AVHS spirit items.
- E3 STEM website project with Thomson Reuters
- ISD 196 iPad Rollout support
- ISD 196 Central Receiving interns
- AVHS Technology Support Staff interns
- MN Department of Transportation Phoenix Program – Civil Engineering intern
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical interns
- AVHS Lunchroom Table Design Interns.
- Computer coding interns – Thomson Reuters
- Digital Marketing Internship – Thomson Reuters
- Computer Programming intern – Lockheed Martin
- Engineering Internship – Uponor