Job Title: STEM/Multimedia Internship. 2-3 positions. Unpaid but GREAT experience!
Job Description: Apple Valley High School (AVHS) students taking on this challenge will be using their artistic and multimedia skills to create a poster for Oak Ridge Elementary students displaying the school’s Design Process to be placed in their new Maker Space environment.
AVHS students will be working with students in grades 2nd-5th at Oak Ridge Elementary (ORE) to help collaborate and create a “Design Process” (defined: a step-by-step process students can follow when building/making something) students will follow in their school’s Makerspace. A meeting will take place on October 13th at 9:30am-10:30am. Once a final Design Process has been decided, AVHS students will then take ORE’s process to make a poster using Multimedia tools and artistic abilities. Finally, student will present the poster to students at ORE and be displayed for all students to see and use in their new Maker Space.
- Multimedia skills
- Comfortable working with young elementary students
- Mature leader and role model
- AVHS meet with ORE students on Oct 13th @ 9:30-10:30 to discuss and create a final Design Process.
- Poster rough draft will need to be sent to Tanner.Walters@District196.org by Oct 25th.
- Poster final draft will need to be completed by mid-November.
- Unveil the poster at ORE’s November school assembly.
How to Apply:
Students can send a resume of their past STEM and/or Multimedia experience and reasons why they think they would be a good candidate to Tanner.Walters@District196.org by October 6th (or until the positions have been filled). Please have the subject line be STEM Internship.
Internship at Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville. Augustana is looking for a couple of students who can work Saturday mornings for a 4-hour shift (8-12, or 9-1, or 10-2) to clean the common areas at Augustana. It could be a shared position where each student works every-other Saturday. This would be a great way for any students that are looking to take the CNA course next summer to come in and see the building and connect with residents prior to taking the CNA course and begin to build a relationship with the residents.
If you have any questions or to apply for the position, please contact Vicki M. Tobroxen, Executive Director of Augustana Care Regent at Burnsville, at email@example.com or 952-898-8721.
Dakota Scott Workforce Centers: “Who’s Hiring Youth” Newsletter. The October edition of “Who’s Hiring Youth” focuses on career exploration and various assessment tools available. View the newsletter here.
NOW HIRING! – JOB BOARDS from the Dakota Scott Workforce Center:
www.minnesotaworks.net – Minnesota’s largest free online job bank. Post your resume and search for jobs by matching keywords in your resume to keywords in job postings. You may also search by occupation/keyword or by location.
www.snagajob.com – search thousands of hourly and part-time jobs by location/zip code.
www.careerrookie.com – look for internships, part-time and entry level careers.
Examples of Past E3 STEM Internships:
- AVHS Fab Lab table design/build project with Skyline Exhibits
- Eagle Up Fabrication. Creation and fabrication of AVHS spirit items.
- E3 STEM website project with Thomson Reuters
- ISD 196 iPad Rollout support
- ISD 196 Central Receiving interns
- AVHS Technology Support Staff interns
- MN Department of Transportation Phoenix Program – Civil Engineering intern
- Certified Nursing Assistant Clinical interns
- AVHS Lunchroom Table Design Interns.
- Computer coding interns – Thomson Reuters
- Digital Marketing Internship – Thomson Reuters
- Computer Programming intern – Lockheed Martin
- Engineering Internship – Uponor
E3 STEM was funded in part by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.