GENERATING SPARCS WITH MICROSOFT: Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 – 7:30am-2:00pm. This day for girls in high school is the perfect blend of sisterhood, exploration of cool technology, delicious food, engagement with professional women and men, and experiential learning. To Register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MicrosoftGeneratesSPARCS12-18-18 Registration deadline is December 7, or until event fills. You MUST register with E3 STEM HERE by Dec. 7 in order to ensure a ride to and from this event. The interactive day features:
- Data Analysis/Hands on Lab: Hands-on lab where you will learn the basics of how to access and present data from the Web and other locations using Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence)
- The Factory/Alley: Tour of how the internet of things and cloud computing applies to modern business
- Mixed reality/Artificial intelligence: Mixed Reality allows and enables creators, designers and developers to blend the physical world with digital content. In this session, you’ll see how Microsoft is working to make mixed reality part of everyday computing experiences.
- The Power of Professional Skills: Beyond demonstrating technical skills, the difference maker for getting and keeping a great job, and ‘moving up’, is all about mastering your day-to-day professional skills. Discover your professional skills power!
- MentorMash with Women in Tech! : Small group time will be spent with successful women technologists. Hear their stories, ask your questions, and benefit from their advice.
Leidos Corporation Field Trip: February 21 from 8:20 am – 12:36 pm. Explore careers related to the development of air traffic control systems. Many of the professionals who work at Leidos focus on computer programming but not all of them. Leidos hires an AVHS senior for a summer internship every summer IF they have taken AP Computer Science. Keep that in mind for the future. SIGN UP HERE. by Feb. 14
E3 STEM field trip policy: In order to go on a field trip, an E3 STEM student must be passing (D- or higher) all of their current AVHS classes 24 hours before the field trip departure time. Once a student is placed on the “ineligible for field trips” list, they need to speak with a member of the E3 STEM staff to be removed from the list. The staff member will have a brief conversation with the student and also check their current grades on Schoology.