College courses offered at Dakota County Technical College & Inver Hills Community College.
There are also a number of AVHS and Career Development STEM courses available for E3 STEM students to explore careers.
Career Development Courses: 2017-2018 Registration Guide. Note: E3 STEM can provide transportation to other locations if needed to take advantage of these courses.
Note: AVHS students earning college credits through E3 STEM have the option to add these courses to their high school transcripts. 1 college credit = 0.75 high school credits.
E3 STEM College Classes 2017-2018
Courses and textbooks are paid for by the E3 STEM grant. Transportation is provided to college classes. School busses/vans take students from AVHS to their course and return them to AVHS after each class. If students plan to drive themselves or ride with friends, parents/guardians must fill out the ISD 196 transportation waiver before the class starts. The transportation waiver can be downloaded HERE or you can get a hard copy from E3 STEM staff.
ARCT 1207 – CAD II/ REVIT, 3 credits, DCTC
This course introduces the student to AutoDesk Revit Software. There is an emphasis on BIM workflow and basic to intermediate modeling techniques. The student will develop intermediate CAD and BIM techniques to develop construction drawings. This knowledge can then be applied to projects in concurrent and future projects. There is no prerequisite for this course (you do not need to have taken CAD I to take this course).
Mondays and Wednesdays (June 18 – Aug. 10): 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Register for the ARCT 1207 course HERE.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), 5 credits, DCTC/IHCC
This course introduces concepts of basic human needs and the function of the nursing assistant in long term care and or home health care. Basic nursing skills will be demonstrated and practiced in the laboratory setting. Upon successful completion of classroom studies, the student will participate in 24 hours of supervised clinical experience in a long term care setting. It meets the objectives of Federal State Statutory requirements for nursing assistant training. Prerequisites: None. Attendance to all classes and clinicals is required. In order to participate in the clinical portion of the CNA course, passing a background check including fingerprinting and a negative TB/Mantoux test are required. The skills and written test for licensure will be completed after clinicals are over.
A mandatory lunchtime CNA meeting will take place at AVHS mid-May for all students interested in completing the course. More details to come.
There are 3 sections of the CNA course offered this summer (see the details below). Please review the details of each section option and then you can sign up for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice at the link below. We will do our best to get you into your first choice section of the course.
Register for the CNA course HERE.
Option 1. DCTC : HEAL 1060
- Class dates: July 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24; 9:00 am – 3:00 pm; Monday – Friday. Busses will pick you up at AVHS at 8:30 am and return you to AVHS at 3:30 pm.
- Clinical dates: Wednesday, July 25th, Thursday, July 26th and Friday, July 27th from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm OR Monday, July 30th, Tuesday, July 31st and Wednesday, August 1st from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Busses will pick you up at AVHS at 6:15 am and return you to AVHS at 3:45. Clinicals are required.
Option 2. Inver Hills : NURS 1001 – section 40
- Class dates: June 11, 12, 14, 25, 26, 28; July 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 23, 24, 26; 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm; Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays; Busses will pick you up at AVHS at 3:20 pm and return you to AVHS at 9:30 pm.
- Clinical dates: Wednesday, August 1, Thursday, August 2 and Friday, August 3; 8 hours each day – time to be determined. Busses will pick you up at AVHS and return you to AVHS. Clinicals are required.
Option 3. Inver Hills : NURS 1001 – section 41
- Class dates: June 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28, July 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26; 11:00 am – 4:00 pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays; Busses will pick you up at AVHS at 10:20 am and return you to AVHS at 4:30 pm.
- Clinical dates: Tuesday, July 31; Wednesday, August 1 and Thursday, August 2 from 6:00 am – 2:30 pm. Busses will pick you up at AVHS at 5:30 am and return you to AVHS at 3:00. Clinicals are required.
E3 STEM was funded in part by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.