E3 STEM Activities 2018-19
DRAFT – Dates & times will be filled in as plans are finalized.
- Introductory Resume Workshop – Date Saturday, Dec. 8 from 9:00-11:30 am. Required for all new E3 STEM students without a resume on file.
- ISD 196 STEM Career Fair – Date: Jan. 31 from 6:00-8:00 pm at Rosemount High School.
- Grit To Great Breakfast – Date: March 19 from 7:30 – 9:00 am. AVHS lunchroom.
- Reverse or Teaching Job Fair @AVHS – Date TBD
- Networking/Interviewing Workshop – Required for ALL 9th & 10th & any new 11th & 12th grade students – Feb. 23 from 8:30-11:30 am.
- E3 STEM Final Meeting – Date TBD
- Minnesota College Fair – Oct. 24 from 7:30 am-12:30 pm at the Minneapolis Convention Center (1301 2nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55403).
- FAFSA Workshop. Monday, November 19, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. AVHS Community Room. Come get help to begin completing the FAFSA form.
- Financial Aid 101. Monday Dec 3, 6:30-7:30 pm. Learn the basics of how to pay for college and apply for financial aid in this presentation by Dakota County Technical College.
- AVID University of Minnesota, Twin Cities College Tour (SOPHOMORES) – Date TBD from 8:00 am-2:00 pm.
- College Overnight Tour field trip to colleges – Date TBD spring. AVID.
- AVID Winona State University Tour (JUNIORS) – Date TBD.
- Lunch and Learn: 2 Year College Experience – Date TBD during your lunch period
- School of Environmental Studies (SES) Annual Environmental College and Career Fair – Date TBD.
General STEM Events:
- Cargill Corporation Food Science Career Exploration Field Trip – Date TBD
- Dakota Electric Field Trip – Date TBD
- Fall Multicultural Education Achievement Day (MEAD) at Concordia University, St. Paul. November 16.
- SFM Mutual Insurance Company Field Trip – 12/11 9:15 am – 12:30 pm.
- Dakota Electric “Career In Energy” Open House Event – Date TBD
- Uponor field trip event – Date TBD. Manufacturing focus. MN Manufacturing Day
- Career Fair for IHCC/DCTC – Date TBD. IT, Engineering, & Business
- STEM FUSION event: Feb 2019. Career exploration event held at Twin Stadium
- Genesys Works Interview session for AVHS students – Date TBD
Computer Careers Pathway:
- UW-Stout Digital Marketing Course – Date Oct. 22 2:30 – 3:30 pm. Remotely join a course session via Skype from AVHS Fab Lab.
- Hour of Code Event – Date TBD 2:30-4:00 pm
- Trailblazers: Women Succeeding in Science and Technology Event: Thursday, November 1 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Best Buy in Richfield – 7601 Penn Ave S. Richfield, MN 55423. Are you currently pursuing or potentially interested in a STEM-related (science, technology, engineering or math) career? Are you curious about what a STEM professional’s…
- Augustana Regent Technology Training Experience & Service Learning – Date TBD
- College Field Trip for IT: University of Wisconsin, Stout – October 22 from 4:30-9:30 pm. Tech Tuesday event – Visit Digital Marketing class – Search Engine Optimization with focus on social media.
- Hackathon at AVHS – Date TBD
- Leidos Corporation Field Trip – Feb. 21 from 8:20 am -12:36 pm
- Unisys Field Trip – Dec. 13 from 11:30 am – 2:20 pm.
- Thomson Reuters field trip event – Date TBD from 8:00 am-1:00 pm
Engineering Careers Pathway:
- Ergotron Field Trip – Date TBD from 11:05 am-2:20 pm
- Mechanical Engineer Meet & Greet at Target Corporation – Date TBD (School Van – max 6)
- Stratasys Corporation Field Trip – Date Dec/Jan from 8:15-11:45 am
- Minnetronix Field Trip/Career Panel – Date TBD from 9-11 am
- UTC Aerospace Airplane challenge (2nd annual) – Feb. 14
- Lunch & Learn: Civil Engineering Technology and General Engineering – Date TBD
- PAAP Drone Lunch & Learn event – Date TBD
Healthcare Careers Pathway:
- Mayo Clinic Field Trip – Oct. 18 from 11:45 am-8:30 pm. 25 spots.
- Perry Outreach Program – Oct. 27 from 8:30 am-3:30pm at U of M. Register by 9/27 on this site.
- TRIA Orthopedic “Day in the Life” Program – Oct. 16 from 9:00-11:50 am (Periods 2-5, bus 8:00-1) Must be 16.
- MN Vikings Training Haus Tour – Nov. 8 from 12:30 – 2:20 pm.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare Medical Academy Day – Launching Your Medical Career – Nov. 10. 1 day hands-on workshop. $50.
- Fairview Hospital Tour and Panel – Date TBD Periods 2-5
- TRIA Orthopedic “Day in the Life” Program – Date TBD
- TRIA BioSkills Lab course – Date TBD from 6:00-9:00 pm
- Augustana Care Regent Field Trip – Date TBD from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Dakota County Technical College Health Care Career Fair – Date TBD from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Dentist Hands-on Workshop – Date TBD
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare Simulation Lab Experience – April 11 from 8:15-11:30 am. 25 slots. Upperclassmen will have first shot at this event.
- The Visible Heart Lab at the U of M, Twin Cities – Date TBD
- Lunch & Learn: Vet Technician – Date TBD during 5th Period
- Lunch & Learn: Bio Medical Technology – Date TBD during 5th Period
- Lunch & Learn: Medical Assistant – Date TBD during 5th Period